If you are visiting our Naturopaths, we have the ability to manufacture products that can assist in many conditions including that persistent cough, skin rashes, immune improving or arthritis. Our qualified Naturopaths can advise about treatment options and lifestyle suggestions through consultation and therapeutic products either by recommending practitioner only, pharmaceutical-grade natural medicines or in-house preparations including:
- Herbal medicines in tea, liquid, tablet and powdered form
- Nutritional supplements including highest quality vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, fish oils and nutraceuticals
- Homoeopathic medicines
- Compounded natural creams
- Protein powders
- Electrolyte formulas
- Aromatherapy essential oils
- Skin care products
The herbal medicines used in our dispensary comprise of naturally concentrated tinctures (alcoholic extracts) made from Australian organically grown herbs as well as selected concentrates in capsules. We mainly use the Herbal Extract Company brand that is known for its unique method of concentrating the active constituents of the herbs. H.E.C. also standardises its herbs and ensures that they have had zero exposure to contaminants. We also stock herbal tinctures manufactured by other reputable companies such as MediHerb and Optimal Rx.
Herbal medicines are fascinating because they can help you feel better in so many ways.
Specially selected Herbal Medicines have been shown to:
- have an antimicrobial action which may help in the elimination of a broad range of bacteria and parasites and assist the action of antibiotic pharmaceuticals;
- help with the recovery from viral infections;
- have a demulcent action to soothe sore coughs and crackling chests;
- have a nervine action to help you to remain calm and focussed;
- have a liver assisting action to help with detoxifying an overloaded system;
- assist your digestion from gallbladder problems;
- have carminative actions to heal and soothe digestive and bowel upsets;
- help your circulation.
While some herbs taste bitter and like “they are really good for you”, they are well worthwhile taking if our assessment indicates their need.